“We are multidimensional beings and our earthly aspects are a very small part of who we are.”
Many of us are familiar with the experience of waking up to the fact that our lives are no longer working the way we would like. Sometimes this is due to a shift occurring inside ourselves over time, and sometimes it is part of the larger shift that is currently affecting all of humanity. Change is happening at such an increased pace that it is difficult to predict what the future holds. As a result, many of the old ways of planning out a life no longer apply, and if we cling to them, we feel strangely out of tune with reality. But if we are in tune with the energies around us, we will begin to question ideas that just a few years ago seemed sensible.
In the simplest terms, the shift we are undergoing right now has to do with recognizing ourselves as being more than human, remembering that our earthly aspects are a very small part of who we are. In truth, we are multidimensional beings. When we begin to realize this, the life we planned—back when we had a limited conception of ourselves—no longer seems to fit. We must meet the needs and desires of not only our bodies but also our souls. This realization dawns slowly for some, and with the suddenness of a bolt of lightning for others, and we all must find the way that works for us to integrate this new and larger sense of self into our life plan.
Sometimes a drastic change feels totally right, and overnight we might decide to sell our home and move to another country or quit our job and begin a second career. Other times, we allow the changes to proceed slowly, beginning with perhaps just allowing ourselves to dream of a new life or to ask the deeper questions that encourage us to discover our true purpose in life. Either way, know that this process is a natural sign of the growth we are all going through, and trust it to guide you to the life of your dreams.
By Madisyn Taylor - Co-founder, DailyOM
WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?
Life coaching is all about empowering you with the support and tools to achieve not just your goals but your fullest potential. Whether in the personal or professional sphere, life coaching helps people unblock where they’re stuck, move forward to where they want to go and become happier and more fulfilled. This can include working on career, relationships or a variety of unique areas that require special focus and attention.
Individuals who seek out life coaching are generally healthy, motivated people who just feel stuck, desire a big shift in their lives, or simply want to make a change. But other approaches may not have been their cup of tea or weren’t effective. Life coaching is different. Unlike traditional therapy or counseling, life coaching addresses the present moment and is all about producing results. Life coaches help you to seek awareness of the obstacles or challenges in your way, learn how to tap into your unique core values, and choose a course of proven actions to shift and move your life forward.
How does life coaching work?
Dave’s patented methodology is designed to rapidly and dramatically transform your life, helping you to release obstacles, develop fresh solutions to long-held problems and unleash your divine power.
Through a holistic mind-body-soul approach, Dave offers an array of dynamic exercises, tools and self-inquiry centered around powerful intention-setting. His coaching is rooted in the Fulfillment Coaching Model,™ successfully used in corporate, executive, personal, career, educational, governmental and non-profit coaching practices around the world.. In addition, he brings his vast executive leadership experience and a wealth of additional “tool box” skills that provide added value to your coaching experience.
We start the process of life coaching with a six-week commitment agreement. At that point, most clients will possess all the tools and skills necessary and experience real transformation. Others, such as corporate executives, may continue the coaching relationship for periodic tune-ups over several years.
What benefits can I expect?
First, get ready for a fun and educational experience. Life coaching isn’t just “more work.” As you apply what you learn over the initial six weeks, you’ll find that it’s a dynamic, enjoyable, eye-opening experience. You’ll discover many insights and awarenesses and start seeing change (which also gives you evidence that the process is working!). Each week we build upon the last week, and generally, clients see real, lasting shifts happen quite fast.
- We clearly identify core values, aligning them with career, relationships, and daily decisions. In most cases, individuals have never articulated their core values. Core values are one’s internal compass or “road map.” Without knowing these core values, accomplishing goals and ambitions can be quite difficult and frustrating.
- We spend a good amount of time understanding the power of “words and language.”
- We focus specifically on how “words create your reality” in all aspects of your life. We identify your voiced and unvoiced language that is creating undesired or negative outcomes, while replacing these words with powerful ones that generate positive and meaningful outcomes.
- Through a guided visualization exercise, you will have a better understanding of your life purpose, natural gifts and talents.
- You will be provided a “tool box" of proven methods on how we manifest in life, learning a powerful new approach that gets results. You will be practicing these tools each week.
- We clearly articulate the process and meaning of “creating intention.” We get clear on “what” intention is and how to “create” powerful intentions that produce amazing results.
- During each week, we “check in” and move into problem-solving, addressing YOUR reason for seeking out life coaching. With new tools and blueprints in practice, together we set into motion strategies that address your specific needs.
- You will learn to make distinct “choice points.” For instance, “choose up, and choose often.”
- You will start taking more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You will create momentum so it’s easier to get results.
- You will set better goals that are based on what you really desire and choose to create in life.
- We take a holistic approach: Mind, Body and Spirit.
- You will learn, and even transform, your deepest understanding of who you are.
What is the cost and how do I get started?
Life Coaching sessions can be in person in San Diego, or via conference call, and generally on a weekly basis.
Dave offers a complimentary consultation to answer any questions you might have before signing up. To arrange your consultation, please fill out the Contact Form by clicking here, and Dave will set up a call with you, generally within one week. The beginning six-week package is $980. After the six weeks, clients can continue on an “as needed” basis at $145/hour.